New Day Habilitation Center to Open in MiddleboroJanuary 11, 2012 10:01 AM
BAMSI is proud to announce the opening of a unique day habilitation center in Middleboro, MA. The Middleboro Day Habilitation Center will serve individuals who are often underserved or displaced within the current Day Habilitation service system. This could include individuals with higher cognitive abilities who may have medical, physical, social, or psychiatric support needs and can participate in group-oriented activities.
The Middleboro Day Habilitation Center will offer the same therapeutic support services as those offered at other Day Habilitations, including nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech and language therapy, and counseling. However, the Middleboro Day Hab will be unique through its strong community focus, easily facilitated by its prime location.
BAMSI has extensive experience operating Day Habilitation Centers, including locations in Bridgewater, Stoughton, and Quincy. The Middleboro Day Hab will greatly benefit from BAMSI’s expertise and best practice approach to working with persons served. Below are descriptions of some of the people receiving BAMSI Day Habilitation services that would benefit from this new center:
- People who have never attended a day program before because they do not view themselves as having a developmental disability.
- People looking for another alternative to work.
- Individuals working part-time in the community and attending the Day Hab part-time.
- Individuals who have participated in other programs but stopped going because they were not challenged enough or had adequate peers.
- People who have sustained a brain injury and as a result have physical and medical challenges.
The anticipated opening date for the Middleboro Day Habilitation Center is projected for mid-January. An Open House will be held at the Center, 547 West Grove Street in Middleboro, on January 26, 2012, from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. All are welcome to attend, including anyone who thinks they or a loved one could benefit from the Center; Service Coordinators or Case Managers from local area offices of the Departments of Developmental Disabilities, UMASS, and MRC; and other local referring organizations.
We are currently seeking referrals for the Middleboro Day Habilitation Center. To make a referral, please contact 508-947-6482.