The warm, inviting atmosphere of the Dorn Davies Senior Center draws seniors from Brockton and the surrounding communities to participate in programs and activities intended to enhance their quality of life.
Many seniors are capable of living independently but are often isolated living alone in the community. The Dorn Davies Center supports seniors living on their own while spending daytime hours with others. From health and educational programming to supportive services, our Senior Center is a vibrant, lively center for those in need of companionship, resources and time to cultivate friendships with other elderly individuals. Our program also aims to provide relief to families caring for elders in their homes and to alleviate caregivers’ stress by providing daytime supervision.
Supportive Services Include:
- In-home outreach to low income, disabled seniors;
- Referrals to health and social services agencies;
- SHINE health insurance counseling;
- Telephone support;
- Assistance in completing fuel and health insurance forms as well as assistance with tax preparation;
- Vision support group;
- Resources for caregivers;
- Brown bag program providing a monthly food distribution program.
Health and Educational Programs
- Exercise and well-being programs;
- Blood pressure and weight monitoring programs;
- A monthly speaker’s forum.
The Dorn Davies Senior Center is located at 1380 Main Street in Brockton.More Public Health & Community Resources Programs