Trans Community Outreach, Resources and Empowerment, TCORE, is a program designed to nurture and advance the well-being of trans, gender-expansive, and questioning community members through individualized support and connection to resources.
Through collaboration and connection, TCORE offers trans, gender-expansive, and questioning community members individualized support to grow and thrive as they cultivate and freely express identities authentically their own.
TCORE provides individual-, community-, and systems-level support and advocacy services to enhance the lives of trans, gender-expansive, and questioning community members in the Brockton area.
- Individualized support utilizing a person-centered approach, referrals to appropriate services, and navigation through various processes and systems;
- A peer advocate to facilitate access and reduce barriers to resources and services;
- A welcoming space where participants can find a community of affinity and build connections, reducing isolation through peer support and facilitating the exchange of information and resources;
- Collaborative efforts to develop accessible and affirming resources for the diverse trans, gender-expansive, and questioning community of Brockton.
Accessible and affirming resources for the diverse trans, gender-expansive, and questioning community of Brockton.
Some of the services offered by TCORE include:
- Help securing affordable and affirming medical and/or mental health care
- Assistance with name and gender marker changes on official documents
- Stress management and coping skills development
- Opportunities to find community
- Support and navigation through medical and/or social transition
- Support while coming out
- Guidance and advocacy while responding to discrimination
- HIV/HCV/STI counseling and testing and supported referrals for treatment
- Support and navigation for accessing HIV PrEP and PEP (HIV prevention medication)