Family FIRST assists children and youth with serious emotional challenges. Services are family-driven with formal and natural supports integrated through a team process.
Family FIRST offers care coordination, family therapy, youth respite and support, community advocacy, therapeutic mentoring and linkages to needed services. A comprehensive plan is developed and services offered based upon the family’s unique strengths, values, and preferences.
The goal of Family First is to work collaboratively with youth and parents to avoid hospitalizations and out-of-home placements, if and when possible. Our staff include clinicians, therapeutic mentors, parent professionals and a board certified child psychiatrist.
- Comprehensive home-based assessments
- Service coordination
- Collateral contacts and case consultation
- 24/7 crisis management
- Direct interface with Mobile Crisis Intervention (MCI)
- In-home family therapy and respite
- Therapeutic mentoring
- Hospital discharge meetings
- Team meeting planning and facilitation
- Linkages to in-home behavioral services, outpatient therapy, psychiatry and other identified services
- Youth advisory group
- Psycho-education and skill building
Family FIRST is a program of BAMSI’s Child, Family and Community Services Division with a philosophy of care that includes the youth and family voice and choice in every stage of the planning process. Services are individualized, strengths-based and outcome-driven.
Family FIRST services may be accessed through a referral from the Department of Mental Health (DMH)
The Family FIRST office is located at 440 Belmont Street, Brockton.More Behavioral Health Programs