The Brain Injury Community Center (BICC) is located in Worcester and is designed to serve adults (22+) who have been impacted by an acquired or traumatic brain injury.
The Center’s services are individualized and member-driven. The BICC provides members with a variety of supports that increase community integration through natural supports, building interpersonal relationships, and utilizing resources so members become more self-sufficient through education, employment and self-advocacy.
Members are part of a community who participate in all essential program functions and operations. Empowering members to fully achieve their maximum level of independence, self-worth and dignity are vital components and overall goals of the BICC.
Eligibility for the BICC serves adults includes documentation of an Acquired Brain Injury as well as a referral from the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC). For those not referred by MRC, BAMSI will work to ensure there is verification of a brain injury and that the referral meets the general criteria of the Brain Injury Community Center and MRC.
The BICC Services Include:
- Community linkages utilizing natural supports that assist members in navigating the service network in the Worcester Area;
- Employment services including job coaching and maintaining a relationship with the working member and his/her employer;
- Benefits and career counseling enabling members to understand the impact on benefits while accessing available work opportunities;
- Education services to increase academic abilities and attain marketable skills;
- Life skills designed to increase independence and self-sufficiency;
- Health and wellness services promoting medication management, personal well-being, nutrition with an overall emphasis on safe and healthy lifestyle choices;
- Social and recreational services including increased awareness of social relationships, development and maintaining of friendships, as well as appropriate events and activities;
- Transportation and assistance with transportation is provided;
- A healthy, nutritious lunch is provided Monday through Friday with members involved in menu planning, grocery shopping and meal preparation.
The BICC is currently located at 350 Plantation Street, Worcester.More Brain Injury Services Programs