Top Reasons Why YOU Should Vote!
- Voting is a way to speak your mind and let your voice be heard! Your vote is your voice. When we vote, we are actually telling elected officials and lawmakers how we feel about education, public safety, social security, health care, and other important issues.
- One voice, one vote really does count! Remember: there is power in numbers, and when we vote and get our family members to vote, we can truly make a difference.
- Our children are depending on us to represent their voices too! Because our children can’t vote, we have to do it for them. That’s how we make our concerns about schools, safety, housing, and other issues heard. When we vote, we are looking out for our kids, and their futures.
- Voting changes communities! Do you ever wonder why one neighborhood gets passed over for things it needs, while another seems to get it all? One big reason is voting. When we vote, we can get results that we can actually see.
- Vote to effect change! It was through elections that we voted in officials who were champions for civil rights. Voting is our chance to make a difference in our own lives and within the world.
- Believe it or not, voting is a way of honoring our history! As long as our country has existed, there have been people who didn’t want us to vote. There were several freedom fighters that stood up for the right to vote.
Where do I vote?
In Massachusetts, enter your address here to find out where you vote: http://bit.ly/1fg23XL
In Rhode Island, enter your address here to find out where to vote: https://vote.sos.ri.gov/